Roasted Vegetables for “Just The Sauce”
Serving 2 ( + left overs !)
Ready in 45 minutes
Prep: 20 minutes/ Cook 25 minutes
You can use your favourite seasonal veggies or follow this simple list.
2 medium bell red peppers cored, chopped into 1 inch pieces
1 small zucchini, sliced lengthwise then cut in 1/2 inch pieces on a diagonal.
1 dozen small Cremini mushrooms; wash & cut off stem if tough.
Handful of snap peas
2 medium carrots peeled cut in 2 inch pieces sliced thinly
1/2 cauliflower -cut out stem & pull apart into small florets
Garlic buds- as many as you like
2 tbsp fresh lemon juice
1/3 cup olive oil
Sea salt & pepper
Decide on Rice or Noodles to accompany your meal.
We suggest white Basmati or Jasmine for the Fijian Mango Coconut &
Butter Chicken Sauce and Thai Noodles for either Thai dish.
1. Preheat oven or BBQ to 400 Degrees F.
2 Start Rice or Noodles & cook according to specific instructions.
2. Mix olive oil & lemon juice in a small measuring cup.
4. Toss carrots, cauliflower & garlic buds in olive oil & 1/2 of lemon mixture ( enough to coat).
5. Place on a baking sheet in a single layer. Sprinkle e salt & pepper if desired.
6. In preheated oven or BBQ, Roast 1st veggie batch for 15 minutes.
7. While waiting: Pour 1 container of “Just the Sauce” & 1/2 water into a medium pot or fry pan ( large enough so you can add roasted vegetables at the end ) , set on medium heat, stirring occasionally.
8. Now, toss 2nd batch of veggies, with the remainder of lemon mixture; Bell peppers, zucchini, snap peas & mushrooms & another pinch of salt & pepper.
9. Before adding 2nd batch to the pan, lightly turn the first round of veggies.
10. Roast 10 more minutes then remove from Oven/ BBQ and add to the heated sauce ( 74 degrees C), stirring so that veggies are evenly distributed throughout the sauce.
Decide on Rice or Noodles to accompany your meal. We suggest white Basmati or Jasmine for the Fijian Mango Coconut & Butter Chicken Sauce and Thai Noodles for either Thai dish.